After living all of my life in the Evansville area, I've become pretty familiar with the local climate. There's one thing that you can always count on: the snow ALWAYS disappoints. It is never nearly as fantastical as the forecast says, and you can never, ever count on it to get you out of school.
Case in point: today, we were supposed to get like eight inches of snow overnight, so one of my roommates thought it would be cool to stay up all night watching movies, counting on classes being canceled today. It turns out that that wasn't such a good idea, and he's hurting for it now.
Then during my 9:00 this morning, I got a text message from the University saying that classes after 3:00 are canceled. Well that's just great. Cancel classes after everyone that will be going to them is already on campus. Good stuff. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to enjoy it; I'll make some snow angels or something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I didn't think we'd have school either. Kinda funny how Mother Nature/The Provost screws ya. D:
ReplyDeleteI wonder why we had class on Thursday. That was even worse than Tuesday, I think.