I don't think we ever really appreciate how good we really have it here at USI. We've got the lowest tuition in the state, the nicest residences in the history of college, great programs, new buildings, state-of-the-art technologies, and of course a metric buttload of awesome PE classes to take. Last semester I took a rock-climbing course, getting college credit for a sport that I love, while getting a lot of good practice and coaching, exercise, and a semester's worth of essentially free membership to the climbing gym. That's a sweet deal.
This semester, I enrolled in yoga, even though I already have all of the PE credits that I need. I did it partially as a joke, and partially because I think it is cool, but mostly because it is a lot of fun. I can honestly say that yoga class is one of my favorites. It gives me a chance to get in exercise (which I rarely do on my own) and gives me a shot at de-stressing when the weeks get long and I get fed up with some of my classes. As an added bonus, I get to learn yoga, which is great for providing entertainment at parties. Usually after class, I grab the first couple of people that I see and show them all of the wacky stuff that we did in class. One of my most commonly heard phrases is, "Guess what we did in yoga today!"
I guess the moral of the story is just that sometimes we need to kick back and take some fun classes or do some exercise or just enjoy the time that you have. Kick back and relax or get some exercise, or just do anything but schoolwork all the time. Your brain will thank you, and your schoolwork may even improve a little bit if you relax a little bit.
Namaste.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment