I'm reading the Twilight series.
It's not what you think... if you haven't read the books, then you just wouldn't understand. I mean, it's not just some sappy romance between a clumsy girl and a desecration of all classical vampire myths. Well, it is that a little bit. But it's so much more than that; it is a fantastic story with a riveting plot that won't let you stop reading, and although it tells me four times a page that Edward is beautiful, that does not mean that I believe, nor am I the slightest bit in love with him, so don't get the wrong idea here.
It should be illegal to make books that good. The first time that I picked up Twilight, I finished it almost exactly twenty-four hours later, reluctantly stopping to eat, sleep, and do other responsible adult-type stuff. I thirsted for more like Edward thirsted for Bella's blood.
I dated a young lady that had a keychain with a picture of Edward Cullen on it that read, "I [heart] boys who sparkle," It always made me a little bit jealous (not really jealous, like she was going to run off and have a secret affair with a vampire in the Pacific Northwest or something, but just sort of like, "Oh, that sucks because I don't usually sparkle,"), but when I read the book, I suddenly understood everything. I heart boys who sparkle, too! Er... umm... I mean, I heart girls who sparkle... yeah. Alice is totally hot.

I'm reading the series too. About to finish New Moon. It's good to know another guy is reading it. And yes, Alice is way hot.
ReplyDeleteI'm definitely a closet Twilight fan. I just don't want to be identified as a "fangirl". But I agree with you, the books are totally riveting.
ReplyDelete