So, I know it's been a while since I have posted any blogs that were at all related to anything other than my personal life, opinions, and sense of humor, so I need to get in a blog to remind everyone how well-informed I am and how much I treasure my citizen-of-the-world status. But it's really tough, because my news ticker is still out of order, so I don't have my link to the wide world of news. I mean, I wouldn't be caught dead reading a newspaper and I think I would actually rather die than sit down with my roommate for a little bit of quality CNN time together (I couldn't watch news on my own because he always has it on, anyway, plus I've successfully managed to go about the last six months or so without turning a television on, and I don't want to break that streak now, since I'm pretty proud of it). He mostly watches the Judge Hatchett show on BET these days anyway.
However, here's something that I have picked up recently in my Cable News gleanings: Michelle Obama's fashion. Even before the election, the news was all about what she (and other female political figures) were going to wear to such-and-such debate or this-and-that cocktail party. Now, President Obama is on his way to Europe or something like that and the most creative thing that the media can think to cover about the whole story is what the first lady is going to wear. What a crock of elephant... well, nevermind. Now, don't get me wrong: as a founding member of the North American Theocratic/Apathetic (NATA) party, I don't particularly care for President Obama (or any non-deity politicians, for that matter), but I really think that the American people probably care about something other than first lady attire. We ought to be caring about things like, you know, making sure that the EU doesn't get fed up with our crap and decide to nuke us to United Kingdom come... not that they would, but I have to admit that if I were a European leader, I would be pretty insulted that the best thing that we could cover of the diplomatic meeting was Mrs. Obama's dress... not to mention all of the other reasons that the rest of the world has for hating us. And those Europeans can only take so much American BS before they pop off. You know what I'm saying?
P.S. I want to apologize for any falsities that I may have presented regarding the diplomatic situations discussed in this blog. I assure you that they are not intentional, but rather are a direct result of the fact that I did absolutely no research or fact checking in preparation for writing this. I simply don't care (this is where the Apathetic part of NATA comes into play). Thanks for understanding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment