Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Winding Down

Here's a super current events story for you: the school year is almost over! In one and a half weeks, we will all be happily at home rolling in our 12-18 shiny brand new credit-hours. In a week and a half, I don't have to look at my roommates every day. In a week and a half, I can use a real kitchen instead of a microwave, and I'll be allowed to use the charcoal grill that I bought specifically for the purpose of cooking food at college only to be foiled once again by silly rules apparently prohibiting us from having our own cooking devices for fear that we immature 18-19-20 year-olds will burn down all of campus with them. In a week and a half, I can make noise after 10:30 on a weeknight without getting yelled at by an RA (although my parents yelling at me won't be a huge improvement).

Anyway, it's been a great year and all, but I am really looking forward to this summer. I won't get much of a break, though. My last final (a comprehensive test over how many pieces of pizza and cinnamon rolls I can eat in two hours) is May 8, and I will be home just under a week before I pack my bags and head to North Carolina for five and a half weeks to work at a Young Life camp there, making sure high school kids don't kill themselves or cry too much on a ropes course. Then, I'll be home for a few weeks before running off to Minnesota for another week of Young Life camp, this time as a leader for the students at North Posey High School. Then I'll be home for another couple of weeks, and guess what! Another Young Life Camp, this time in New York state, once again on the ropes course for three or four weeks.

In the in-between times, I'm going to be learning how to screenprint t-shirts and Michael Patzer and I are going to be building houses for under $8,000 to get our money from the stimulus package (just kidding... I think), so I've got a pretty full summer planned out. It's going to be a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment